As the operational bases of the KAI network, the Statute of Indonesia Water Partnership (KAI) is formulated and codified as follows:
NAME, LOGO, ESTABLISHMENT, AND OFFICE ADDRESS
Name and Logo
(1) This organization, the networking organization among the stakeholders in the sector of integrated water resources management in Indonesia, shall be named Kemitraan Air Indonesia, abbreviated as KAI.
(2) In English, Kemitraan Air Indonesia shall be translated as Indonesia Water Partnership and abbreviated as INA WP.
(3) KAI shall have a logo in the form of a picture of wave with the Indonesian archipelago within a drop of water above it.
(1) KAI was established for the first time based on the agreement of the Indonesia Water Forum (FAI – Forum Air Indonesia) on March 22, 2002, in Jakarta.
(2) KAI is established for an indefinite length of time.
The Indonesia Water Partnership shall be located in the capital of Indonesia, Jakarta.
IDEOLOGY, STATUS, CHARACTERISTICS, PRINCIPLES
The Ideology of the Indonesia Water Partnership shall be Pancasila (The Five Basic Principles of the Republic of Indonesia) and Undang-Undang Dasar 1945 (The Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia).
Status, Characteristics, and Principles
(1) The status of KAI shall be Community Self-supporting Organization or Non Governmental Organization.
(2) The characteristics of KAI shall be independent and specializing in the field of Integrated Water Resources Management.
(3) The KAI shall practice the principles which are open, transparent, inclusive, and accountable on partners, equality, gender equality and mutual relationships.